Adaptive Needs Faith Formation
Our program for students who need a style of faith formation adapted to their learning, developmental, or physical needs.
What is Adaptive Needs?
Adaptive Needs is a program for children with autism, ADHD, hearing impairment, vision impairment or any other developmental delays that require a calm, quiet, less-distracting class atmosphere. The program uses one-on-one and/or small-group, hands-on learning with multi-sensory materials.
Our Goal: To help children participate as fully as possible in parish life and receive the Grace of the Sacraments that we all have a right to receive.
WHEN DO WE MEET?
Usually 2 or 3 meetings monthly
WHO SHOULD REGISTER FOR THIS PROGRAM?
- Any school age child who needs a program tailored to their type of learning needs.
- This is a multisensory program
- Does your child have autism, ADHD, visual or hearing impairment, any type of developmental delay?
- Does your child learn better in a smaller, quieter environment?
- If your child hasn’t received sacraments we will help you prepare them to receive.
Got a question, or not sure this program is for you?
Sophie Delgado, Director of Religious Education for St. Joseph Catholic Church